Saturday, February 25, 2012

Genesis continued

In my post titled Genesis, I posed a two part question.
  "First question: When God created all of his Glory, Why did he create man, and what was the "pattern" he used?"
 Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
      Now in the reading, I realized that there is more an implied reason for man's making. God created man to be his children and to carry forth here on Earth, as HE does in Heaven.

Gen_1:26
in the image: Psa_139:14; Isa_43:7; Eph_2:10, Eph_4:24; Col_1:15
male: Gen_2:21-25, Gen_5:2; Mal_2:15; Mat_19:4; Mar_10:6; 1Co_11:8-9

For anyone interested in following beyond basic understanding of the literal scripture at face value. the Book,Chapter and Verses listed above should aid you in gaining more insight and clarity of this Biblical event.
       I do apologize,I did not put as much into this post as I originally intended. I realized that I needed to take a different approach.  Yet, I was unable to simply leave an open end.
With that, Blessings to one and all.  Yours in Christ,  William Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment