Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Living in the name of...

This is the first of two, and possibly three posts addressing Living in the Name of The Lord..
   This is just my commentary on what it means to me as an average person first and foremost; and as a Minister as well.

   As an average person, growing up, I found it difficult to understand what it was to live in GOD'S Name. It seemed to come easy for me to wind up out of bounds so to speak. Now that I'm older, I pay much more attention to how I live. I ask not for payment, but accept donations for my labors. I am leery by nature but do my best to help all who need. I work to follow the example that Jesus gave us, and yet I know I fall short. The best I can do is admit my mistakes and ask forgiveness while striving evermore to attain the life God intends me to live.
    The body of the post to come is lengthy, and this is an important lesson. I confess that I found this a daunting topic. There are a number of Verses that apply to this subject, and they shall be included in their entirety.
    I will begin at the end,as it were. Originally the outline placed this portion at the end...
I feel it belongs at the beginning because of the importance of the topic.

Why is it so important to live/ do all In The Name Of The LORD?
Because the LORD commands us so...  Col 3:17  And everything, whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

Also, it follows the example of Jesus...
1Pe 2:21  For you were not called to this? For Christ also suffered on our behalf, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,
 Mat 4:1  Then Jesus was led by the Spirit up into the wilderness, to be tempted by the Devil.
Mat 4:2  And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He was afterwards hungry.
Mat 4:3  And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If You are the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Mat 4:4  But He answered and said, It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."
Mat 4:5  Then the Devil took Him up into the holy city and set Him upon a pinnacle of the Temple.
Mat 4:6  And he said to Him, If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down. For it is written, "He shall give His angels charge concerning You, and in their hands they shall bear You up, lest at any time You dash Your foot against a stone."
Mat 4:7  Jesus said to him, It is written again, "You shall not tempt the Lord your God."
Mat 4:8  Again, the Devil took Him up into a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Mat 4:9  And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10  Then Jesus said to him, Go, Satan! For it is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve."
Mat 4:11  Then the Devil left him. And behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Joh 6:38  For I came down from Heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me.
  And so we too shall do not our own will but the will of our Lord.... For this is the example we have been given in right living.
 Obedience to God's will is to bring about unity among all believers.
1Co 1:10  But I exhort you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 1:11  For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brothers, by those of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
1Co 1:12  But I say this, that every one of you says, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas, and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13  Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you, or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Finally we must obey the commandment if we are to receive a crown of life.
To be judged so worthy, we must abide by HIS WORD, even unto our last.
2Ti 4:6  For I am already being poured out, and the time of my release is here.
2Ti 4:7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.
2Ti 4:8  Now there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that Day; and not to me only, but also to all those who love His appearing.

We shall visit more on this in the next post where we will address the Correct, and Incorrect ways to obey God's commandment  that we are to Live And Do All In The Name Of The Lord.
       Until then, God Bless,
                                         Yours in Christ,
                                          William Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment